Rangeworthy

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

RANGEWORTHY, a chapelry in the parish of THORNBURY, lower division of the hundred of THORNBURY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (S.W. by W.) from Wickwar, containing 296 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Thornbury. The chapel, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is a small edifice, with a Norman south door. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Rangeworthy/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library