Redmarley d'Abitot

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

REDMARLEY-D'ABITOT, a parish in a detached portion of the lower division of the hundred of OSWALDSLOW, county of WORCESTER, 5½ miles (S.E. by S.) from Ledbury, containing 955 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £16. 10. 7., and in the patronage of Mrs. Nillet. The church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, has been much modernised; the font is circular and very ancient. There is a trifling sum, the bequest of William Church, in 1727, for teaching poor children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/RedmarleydAbitot/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library