Sandhurst

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SANDHURST, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (N.) from Gloucester, containing 473 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Bristol. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The navigable river Severn bounds the parish on the east and north.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Sandhurst/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library