Sheepscombe

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SHEPSCOM, a chapelry in the parish of PAINSWICK, hundred of BISLEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (E. by N.) from Painswick, containing 725 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £1800 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Painswick. The chapel has lately received an addition of sixty free sittings, the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels having granted £60 towards defraying the expense.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Sheepscombe/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library