Southrop

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SOUTHROP, a parish in the hundred of BRIGHTWELL'S-BARROW, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (N.) from Lechlade, containing 313 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £5. 16. 8., and in the patronage of the Warden and Fellows of Wadham College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Peter.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Southrop/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library