Staunton by Coleford

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STAUNTON, a parish in the hundred of ST-BRIAVELLS, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (E. by N.) from Monmouth, containing 200 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7, and in the patronage of Lord Viscount Gage. The church is dedicated to All Saints.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/StauntonColeford/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library