Staunton by Redmarley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STAUNTON, a parish forming, with the parishes of Chaseley and Eldersfield, a distinct portion of the lower division of the hundred of PERSHORE, county of WORCESTER, 6 miles (N.E. by E.) from Newent, containing 308 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £11. 5., and in the patronage of Joseph Hill, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. James, is partly in the decorated, and partly in the later, style of English architecture, with a tower and spire.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/StauntonNewent/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library