Stratton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STRATTON, a parish in the hundred of CROWTHORNE-and-MINETY, county of GLOUCESTER, 1 mile (N.W.) from Cirencester, containing 271 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £12. 7. 6., and in the patronage of Mrs. Masters. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a small ancient structure with a steeple rising from between the nave and the chancel. The ancient Ermin-street passes through the parish, and by a bush, called Crowthorne, which gives name to the hundred.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Stratton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library