Tibberton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

TIBBERTON, a parish in the duchy of LANCASTER, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (S.E.) from Newent, containing 282 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Hereford, and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7. 16. 0., and in the patronage of James Scott, Esq. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The Herefordshire and Gloucestershire canal passes on the eastern side of the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Tibberton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library