Tytherington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

TYTHERINGTON, a parish partly in the upper division of the hundred of HENBURY, but chiefly in the lower division of that of THORNBURY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (S.E.) from Thornbury, containing, with the tything of Itchington, 474 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £9. 11. 7. Thomas Hardwick, Esq. was patron in 1817. The church is dedicated to St. James.

ITCHINGTON, a tything in that part of the parish of TYTHERINGTON which is in the upper division of the hundred of HENBURY, county of GLOUCESTER, containing 144 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Tytherington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library