Upton St Leonards

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

UPTON (ST-LEONARD'S), a parish in the middle division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (S.E. by S.) from Gloucester, containing 895 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and £1400 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Gloucester. The church is principally Norman, but the tower and some minor parts are in the later style of English architecture.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/UptonStLeonards/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library