Whaddon

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WHADDON, a parish in the middle division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-and-KING'S-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (S. by W.) from Gloucester, containing 139 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £400 royal. bounty, and £400 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of William Capel, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Whaddon/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library