Windrush

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WINDRUSH, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of SLAUGHTER, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (E.) from North Leach, containing 3.17 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, united to that of Sherborne, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at.£5, and in the patronage of Lord Sherborne. The church is dedicated to St. Peter.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Windrush/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library