Winstone

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WINSTONE, a parish in the hundred of BISLEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 65 miles (N.W. by N.) from Cirencester, containing 192 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £7. 1 0., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Sir E.B. Sandys, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. There is a place of worship for Baptists. The ancient Ermin-street passes through the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Winstone/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library