Woolstone

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WOOLSTONE, a parish forming a detached portion of the lower division of the hundred of DEERHURST, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (W.N.W.) from Winchcombe, containing 89 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £13. 6. 0., and in the patronage of the Earl of Coventry. The church is dedicated to St. Martin.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Woolstone/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library