Brockhampton by Ross

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BROCKHAMPTON, a parish in the hundred of GREYTREE, county of HEREFORD, 6¾ miles (N.) from Ross, containing 116 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Hereford, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The village lies on the eastern bank of the river Wye; and a little to the north of it are the remains of a Roman encampment, with a double trench.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/BrockhamptonRoss/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library