Burghill

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BURGHILL, a parish in the hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (N.W. by N.) from Hereford, containing, with the township of Tillington, 823 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £6. 18. 2., endowed with £200 private benefaction, £600 royal bounty, and £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of B. Biddulph, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

TILLINGTON, a township in the parish of BURGHILL, hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (N.W. by N.) from Hereford, containing 392 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Burghill/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library