Canon Pyon

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CANON-PION, a parish in the hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 4½ miles (S.E. by E.) from Weobley, containing 634 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 13. 6., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is principally in the early style of English architecture, with some fine screen-work; the font is ancient, with an octagonal top enriched with quatrefoil. A court leet is held once a year.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/CanonPyon/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library