Edvin Ralph

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

EDWIN-RALPH, a parish in the hundred of WOLPHY, though locally in the hundred of Broxash, county of HEREFORD, 2 miles (N.) from Bromyard, containing, with Butterley, 157 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £6. 6. 10., and in the patronage of Mrs. Pytts. Limestone is obtained in the parish.

BUTTERLEY, a township in the parish of EDWIN RALPH, hundred of WOLPHY, though locally in the hundred of Broxash, county of HEREFORD, 3 miles (N.W. by N.) from Bromyard. The population is returned with the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/EdvinRalph/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library