Kings Pyon

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

PION (KING'S), a parish in the hundred of STRETFORD, county of HEREFORD, 3 miles (E.S.E.) from Weobley, containing 876 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of Birley, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 11. 8., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of S. Peploe, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. A court leet is occasionally held here. A charity school is supported by subscription.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/KingsPyon/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library