Kinnersley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

KINNERSLEY, a parish comprising the township of Newchurch in the hundred of WOLPHY, but chiefly in the hundred of STRETFORD, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Weobly, containing 340 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £13. 8. 4., and in the patronage of J.A.G. Clarke, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. James.

NEWCHURCH, a township in that part of the parish of KINNERSLEY which is in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD. The population is returned with the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Kinnersley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library