St Katherine's Almshouses, Ledbury (2)

Recent Photograph of St Katherine's Almshouses (2) (Ledbury)

Another view of the Almshouses. To our left (but not in the photograph) is ‘St Katherine's Hospital, Chapel and Hall’ - founded by Hugh Foliot, Bishop of Hereford for ‘Wayfarers and the Poor’ in 1232, and which may be seen on the right of the photograph of The Feathers Inn. The building of St Katherine's is described on its plaque as having a 'combined Chapel at the East End with Great Open Hall for the Master and Brethren beyond', and also a 'fine timber roof'.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 18th June 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Ledbury/Almshouses2.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library