Little Marcle

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MARCLE (LITTLE), a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, 3 miles (W.S.W.) from Ledbury, containing 168 inhabitants. The living is a discharged perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £7. 1. 4., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Hereford. The church has long been in ruins, and the inhabitants bury at Ledbury.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/LittleMarcle/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library