Moreton on Lugg

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MORTON-upon-LUGG, a parish in the hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (N.) from Hereford, containing 110 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, not in charge, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Hereford, and in the patronage of the Prebendary of Moreton Magna in the Cathedral Church of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/MoretononLugg/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library