Much Dewchurch

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

DEWCHURCH (MUCH), a parish in the upper division of the hundred of WORMELOW, county of HEREFORD, 6 miles (S.W. by S.) from Hereford, containing 585 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £9. 13. 4., and in the patronage of T.H. Symons, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. David.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/MuchDewchurch/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library