Much Marcle

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MARCLE (MUCH),a parish in the hundred of GREYTREE, county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (S.W. by W.) from Ledbury, containing, with the chapelry of Yatton, 1060 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, with Kinnaston, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £14. 0. 5., and in the patronage of James Kyrle Money, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew.

YATTON, a chapelry in the parish of MUCH-MARCLE, hundred of GREYTREE, county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (N.E. by N.) from Ross, containing 183 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/MuchMarcle/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library