Pixley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

PIXLEY, a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, 3¾ miles (W. by N.) from Ledbury, containing 132 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £4. 0. 2., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Earl Somers. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Pixley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library