Stretton Sugwas

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STRETTON-SUGWAS, a parish in the hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 3¾ miles (N.W. by W.) from Hereford, containing 151 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £9. 7. 1., and in the patronage of the Governors of Guy's Hospital, London. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/StrettonSugwas/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library