Upton Bishop

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

UPTON (BISHOP'S), a parish in the hundred of GREYTREE, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (N.E. by E.) from Ross, containing 613 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £8. 17. 6., endowed with £300 private benefaction, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St John the Baptist, Here is a charity school.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/UptonBishop/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library