Wellington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WELLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 5½ miles (N.) from Hereford, containing 672 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £6. 13. 4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Prebendary of Wellington in the Cathedral Church of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Wellington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library