Withington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WITHINGTON, a parish in the hundred of BROXASH, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (E.N.E.) from Hereford, containing, with the chapelry of Preston-Wynne, 806 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the perpetual curacy of Preston-Wynne annexed, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 1., and endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200. royal bounty. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, There is a place of worship for Baptists.

PRESTON-WYNNE, a chapelry in the parish of WITHINGTON, hundred of BROXASH, county of HEREFORD, 6 miles (N.E. by N.) from Hereford, containing 167 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean of Hereford, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty. The chapel is dedicated to the Holy Trinity.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Withington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library