Acton Trussell with Bednall

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ACTON-TRUSSELL, a chapelry in the parish of BASWICH, eastern division of the hundred of CUTTLESTONE, county of STAFFORD, 3 miles (N.N.E.) from Penkridge, containing, with Bednall, 562 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Prebendary of Whittington and Baswich in the Cathedral Church of Lichfield, and in the patronage of the Rev. J. Hamilton Molineaux. The chapel is dedicated to St. James. The Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal passes through the chapelry. The poor children are instructed in the National school at Penkridge.

BEDNALL, a chapelry and township, joint with Acton-Trussell, in the parish of BASWICH, eastern division of the hundred of CUTTLESTONE, county of STAFFORD, 4 miles (N.E. by N.) from Penkridge. The population is returned with Acton-Trussell. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Prebendary of Whittington and Baswich in the Cathedral Church of Lichfield, endowed with £600 royal bounty. The chapel is dedicated to All Saints.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/ActonTrussell/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library