Ashley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ASHLEY, a parish in the northern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 7 miles (N.W.) from Eccleshall, containing 729 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £10. 2. 8½, and in the patronage of T. Kinnersley, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Ashley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library