Broughton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BROUGHTON, a chapelry in the parish of ECCLESHALL, northern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 5 miles (N.W. by W.) from Eccleshall, containing 30 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Prebendary of Eccleshall in the Cathedral Church of Lichfield, endowed with £1000 private benefaction, £200 royal bounty, and £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of Sir J.D. Broughton, Bart.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Broughton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library