Chapel Chorlton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CHORLTON, a chapelry in the parish of ECCLESHALL, northern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 6 miles (N. by W.) from Eccleshall, containing 237 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, within the peculiar jurisdiction, of the Chapel Chorlton Prebendary of Eccleshall in the Cathedral Church of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £1000 royal bounty, and in the patronage of certain Trustees. The chapel, dedicated to St. Lawrence, had sixty free sittings recently erected in it, towards defraying the expense of which the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels granted £50.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/ChapelChorlton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library