St Giles's RC Church, Cheadle (Pugin's Doors)

Recent Photograph of St Giles's RC Church (Pugin's Doors) (Cheadle)

St Giles's RC Church was designed by Pugin for John Talbot, 16th Earl of Shrewsbury and built during 1841-6. Talbot's family emblems appear in several places in the design - twin Talbot hounds decorate the tall steeple, and below it the west doorway features these impressive golden lions.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 11th June 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Cheadle/StGilesRC1.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library