Coppenhall

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

COPPENHALL, a chapelry in that part of the parish of PENKRIDGE which is in the eastern division of the hundred of CUTTLESTONE, county of STAFFORD, 4 miles (N.N.W.) from Penkridge, containing 108 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the jurisdiction of the court of the royal peculiar of Penkridge, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and in the patronage of E.J. Littleton, Esq. The chapel, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is built of timber and brick-work, apparently of the reign of Elizabeth.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Coppenhall/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library