Dunston

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

DUNSTON, a chapelry in that part of the parish of PENKRIDGE which is in the eastern division of the hundred of CUTTLESTONE, county of STAFFORD, 2 miles (N. by E.) from Penkridge, containing 234 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, within the jurisdiction of the peculiar court of Penkridge, endowed with £1200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of E.J. Littleton, Esq. The chapel is dedicated to St. Leonard.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Dunston/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library