Ellenhall

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ELLENHALL, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 2¼ miles (S. by E.) from Eccleshall, containing 287 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Viscount Anson. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a trifling endowment, the gift of William Morteboys, in 1733, for teaching six poor children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Ellenhall/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library