St John's Church, Reapsmoor

Recent Photograph of St John's Church (Reapsmoor)

‘Reap's Moor’ is a hamlet in the chapelry and township of Fairfield Head (Fawfieldhead). (ex. 1868 Gazetteer)

It's understood this building was built originally as a workhouse[1], and was given to the parish by members of the Harpur-Crewe family. It then became St John's Church and Village School; however the School is now (2007) closed and its place is taken by the Parish Room.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

Reference:
[1] Hine, Sheila - Around Longnor - information provided by Claude Fearns. Read more in this Review.


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 24th September 2003.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Fawfieldhead/StJohn.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library