Forton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

FORTON, a parish in the western division of the hundred of CUTTLESTONE, county of STAFFORD, 1 mile (N.E. by N.) from Newport, containing, with the township of Meer, 702 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £20. 19. 2., and in the patronage of Sir J.F. Boughey, Bart. The church is dedicated to All Saints.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Forton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library