Grindon

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

GRINDON, a parish in the northern division of the hundred of TOTMONSLOW, county of STAFFORD, containing 455 inhabitants, of which number, 219 are in the township of Grindon, 7 miles (E. by S.) from Leek. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £15. 14. 2., and in the patronage of the Marquis of Stafford. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Humphrey Hall and Samuel Nalton, in 1724, subscribed £100 towards the endowment of a school; this sum, with subsequent minor donations, now produces £8. 5. a year, for which ten children receive instruction.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Grindon/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library