Church of the Holy Angels, Hoar Cross

Recent Photograph of Church of the Holy Angels (Hoar Cross)

The parish Church of Hoar Cross was built 1872-6 by Emily Charlotte Meynell-Ingram (née Wood) in the memory of her husband Hugo Francis Meynell-Ingram. Her brother Frederick George Wood changed his name by Royal Licence in 1905 to Meynell, and under the terms of her will inherited the Meynell family property at Hoar Cross.

Family portraits, and further biographical details are available on Leeds City Council's site for the Meynell-Ingram's other property, Temple Newsam House.

Hoar Cross is a hamlet in the parishes of Yoxall and Hanbury. (ex. 1868 Gazetteer)

(Information provided by Alf Beard/Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 7th July 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/HoarCross/HolyAngels1.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library