Kings Bromley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BROMLEY (KING'S), a parish in the northern division, of the hundred of OFFLOW, county of STAFFORD, 5 miles (N. by E.) from Lichfield, containing 614 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Prebendary of Akewas and Weeford, and in the patronage of the Chancellor, in the Cathedral Church of Lichfield. The church is dedicated to. All Saints. A free school was founded, in 1699, by Richard Crosse, who endowed it with property now producing £,95 a, year, for which forty-eight boys are instructed gratuitously.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/KingsBromley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library