Marston

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MARSTON, a chapelry in that part of the parish of ST-MARY-LICHFIELD, which is in the southern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 2 miles (N.) from Stafford, containing 96 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Mayor and Corporation of Stafford. [Ed: the parish of ST-MARY-LICHFIELD is probably incorrect. Other sources state MARSTON belonged to the parish of ST-MARY-STAFFORD]

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Marston/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library