Ranton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

RONTON, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 4 miles (S. by E.) from Eccleshall, containing 334 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, and in the patronage of the Earl of Aboyne. The church is dedicated to All Saints.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Ranton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library