Standon

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STANDON, a parish in the northern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 4 miles (N.N.W.) from Eccleshall, containing 415 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £6. 18. 4., and in the patronage of the Rev. Thomas Walker. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The river Sow bounds the parish on the south. Ten poor children are taught to read for £6 a year, the interest of bequests by Ann Tagg and Margaret Plant.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Standon/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library