Stowe by Chartley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STOWE, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 7 miles (N.E. by E.) from Stafford, containing 1185 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £200 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of. Earl Ferrers. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. Fourteen children are educated for about £15 a year, arising from land given by an individual whose name is unknown.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Stowe/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library