Swynnerton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SWINNERTON, a parish in the northern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 3 miles (W.N.W.) from Stone, containing 832 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £10. 2. 6., and in the patronage of the Rev. Christopher Dodsley. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The river Sow forms the boundary between this parish and Eccleshall.

SEABRIDGE, a township partly in the parish of SWINNERTON, but chiefly in that of STOKE-upon-TRENT northern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 1 mile (S. by W.) from Newcastle under Lyne, containing 140 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Swynnerton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library