Chirton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CHURTON, or CHIRKTON, a parish in the hundred of SWANBOROUGH, county of WILTS, 4 miles (N.E. by E.) from East Lavington, containing, with the tything of Conock, 401 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £11. 0. 5., and in. the patronage of the Crown.

CONOCK, a tything in the parish of CHURTON, hundred of SWANBOROUGH, county of WILTS, 4 miles (N.E. by E.) from East Lavington, containing 144 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Chirton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library